Due to the Covid-19 epidemic, the registration desk continue to carry out its missions by using telework.
Important message for students from outside the EU
- The 2020-2021 admission requests have been closed since April 30 if you do not live in Belgium.
Only students in a situation of assimilation, or under agreement, can still submit their application.
Registration procedures for the title of “agrégé de l'enseignement secondaire supérieur” (AESS)
he title of “agrégé de l'enseignement secondaire supérieur” (AESS) is the educational title required to be permanently appointed in upper secondary education. It completes the 2nd cycle diploma (Bachelors or Masters) acquired in a given discipline that identifies the subjects that can be taught.
The AESS is obtained at the end of a training programme of 30 credits, specifically aimed at the teacher training of future teachers of upper secondary education. The content of this training programme is strictly defined by decree and includes theoretical courses and practical internships. The AESS is a professional title, but is not an academic degree.
Deadline and registration fee for the AESS
The registration deadline for the AESS is September 30th.
Students can apply for a reduction in order to register for an annual program of less than 30 credits.
Registration fee : 279 EUR.
- Students enrolled in the end of a Masters cycle of at least 120 credits within an institution of the French Community can register simultaneously for studies resulting in the title of qualified upper secondary school teacher (AESS). However, students admitted in virtue of this provision will not be officially declared before having obtained the necessary academic degree of Master.
- Students who only have the dissertation left to complete can simultaneously register for the teaching orientation of the same Masters if they have the approval of the Admissions Department.
- If a student has a 120-credit Masters degree for which there is a teaching orientation, it is advisable that they register for this option rather than for the AESS. In doing so, they will be awarded a second Masters and a dual diploma (Teaching Masters and title of "agrégé” [“qualified”]). This is a required title in order to be permanently appointed in upper secondary education.
- For holders of a Masters degree issued by a non-Francophone institution, a special French test for access to the examinations of the AESS as well as for the teaching option, must be successfully passed before the month of January. It is necessary to earn a C1 level.
- You can only earn a single AESS
To determine for which AESS they can register, students must consult the CIFEN website.