Access conditions to the 2nd cycle (master) — OEU
Due to the Covid-19 epidemic, the registration desk continue to carry out its missions by using telework.
Important message for students from outside the EU
- The 2020-2021 admission requests have been closed since April 30 if you do not live in Belgium.
Only students in a situation of assimilation, or under agreement, can still submit their application.
1. Respect of legal access conditions
You must have a first cycle diploma.
2. Successful results
The Institution systematically refuses the application of students who, depending on the number of registrations they have already carried out, have not acquired a sufficient number of credits over the course of the last five academic years (Decree of 11 April 2014).
3. Language skills
You must demonstrate a B2 level in the language of instruction (French or English).
The specific conditions relating to linguistic knowledge are available in the course program and access conditions.
If the jury of the Master you want to choose requires proof of successful completion of a standardized test, the following proofs will be accepted:
- DALF, DELF, TEF or TCF is the teaching language is French.
- TOEFL or IELTS if the teaching language is English.
In the current state of the legislation, students who want to start a pedagogical training (Master's degree in didactic or Aggregation of Higher Secondary Education) must demonstrate a C1 level in French.
For information, here are the accepted tests and scores (B2 correspondence)
|IELTS||5,5 - 6,5|
|TOEFL (papier)||567 - 633|
Avant 2019 : 87 - 109
Après 2019 : 72 - 95
|TOEIC||785 - 940|
|Cambridge FCE (First Certificate in English)||> 160|
|Cambridge CAE (Certificate of Advanced English)||> 180|
4. Respect of deadline : 30 April
Note : Students wishing to enroll in the 2nd cycle in medicine or dental sciences on the basis of a course completed outside the European Union are not subject to the deadline of 30 April. They must register for the entrance exam at ARES.
5. Providing a financing plan
You must provide a financing plan (official evidence required) that attests to sufficient resources to carry out the studies : €10,000 + registration fee amount (€4,175 or €835, depending on the candidate's nationality).
6. Minimum academic conditions
In addition to the legal conditions of access to studies, the registration service verifies that non European students meet specific academic conditions before submitting their application to the admissions committees.
These conditions are set by the juries.
They do not apply to non European students who fall under one of the following categories:
- "assimilated" students (eg refugees and asylum seekers) ;
- students with a Higher Secondary School Certificate ;
- students applying for enrollment in an undergraduate course subject to selection under the “non-resident” decree (veterinarian, physiotherapy, speech therapy, medicine and dental sciences) ;
- students staying regularly on Belgian territory and subject to the entrance examination for engineering studies;
students applying for registration on the basis of a diploma obtained in a country of the European Union (exception possible if duly justified).
The minimum conditions allowing the Registration Office to examine your file differ from one faculty to another. Read them below.
- Faculty of Philosophy and Letters
- Faculty of Law, Political Science and Criminology
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Psychology, Speech Therapy and Education Sciences
- HEC Liège - Management School
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech
- Faculty of Architecture
Submit your application to the Admissions and Registration Department before 30 April 2020
If you meet the abovementioned conditions, you may complete the online form, print it and sent it in by postal mail, accompanied by copies of the documents listed at the last page of the form, before 30 April (deadline for reception of applications).
Once the form has been submitted and a positive response received, you will have to finalize your registration in person, at the Registration Office between July 1st and September 30, 2020.
Applications which are incomplete, late, or that do not meet the set academic criteria will not be successful.
The University of Liège reserves the right to require, as part of the registration procedures, the presentation of the originals of diplomas and transcripts.
The authorities verify the authenticity of the declarations and produced documents. In case of doubt, further information and/or documents will be required. Any forgery will be reported to all institutions concerned and will necessarily result in the cancellation of the enrolment.