Officialised since the start of the 2010-2011 academic year, the student athlete status allows students to take on studies and high-level athletics.
Combining a high-level athletic career and studies is possible at ULiège.
The ULiège Student Athlete status can be granted to any student regularly enrolled at the university who makes the request based on a complete application, and who corresponds to one of the following situations:
- Students recognised by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation (contender, promising athlete or high-level athlete) or by an equivalent foreign authority.
- Students who are selected for a national team or for competitions of the highest level in the French-speaking community, depending on the field, with a significant volume of athletic training.
- Students who practice intensively a sport for which there is no organised competition (aikido, mountaineering, dance, caving...). The criteria of representativeness and volume of training will be determining factors.
What are the advantages?
- Guidance by an academic tutor to facilitate the steps within the Faculty
- Support from an administrative coordinator
- Potential lightening of the study year
- Specific terms regarding teaching activities, evaluations and exams
- Specific monitoring of the Study Guidance Service
- Free use of the athletic facilities of ULiège
- Access to the University Hospital (CHU) services (athletic emergency, medical follow-up...)
- Access to the Student Athlete Network
Recognised high-level student athletes at ULiège