ULiège has created a status for students with disabilities, allowing all students to carry out, thanks to the implementation of reasonable accommodations, their university studies project.
Welcome, listening, mediation, relay with the internal services and external partners, logistical and educational arrangements... : all services offered by ULiège to students with disabilities
ULiège welcomes, accompanies and supports students presenting difficulties:
- related to sensory or motor disabilities
- related to a health problem (debilitating disease)
- related to mental disorders
- related to learning disabilities (proven dyslexia...)
- related to an accident or surgery (disability of at least 3 months)
Under which conditions?
All ULiège students with disabilities, regularly enrolled at the University, can submit an ESH-ULiège status request. This status is granted in accordance with the regulation approved by the Board of Directors of the University, as well as with the "Landscape" and "Inclusive Higher Learning" decrees :
- automatically to students whose disability is already recognised by an official certified body (the Agency for Quality of Life and/or the Ministry of Social Affairs)
- based on a medical/speech therapy/neuropsychological/psychiatric file detailed for all other cases
The situation of the student is re-evaluated each year.
What kind of accommodations?
- Individual accompaniment and support by the support for students with disabilities service
- Specific supervision by faculty
- Relay with the other university services and specialised centres outside the universit
● Potential lightening of the study year
● Specific terms regarding teaching activities, evaluations and exams
● Methodological advice thanks to priority access to the Study Guidance Service
● Reflection on the choice of studies and profession thanks to priority access to the University Orientation service
● Access to the CHU services
● Parking spot available for reduced mobility students