French courses and level tests / Incoming exchange student
At the University of Liège courses are in most cases taught in French. Exchange students therefore need to have suﬀicient profciency of the language, both written and oral, to understand courses and to take part eﬀectively in seminars and practicals.
Therefore we ask students who follow courses given in French to join to their application form a document testifying their level of French. The minimal required level is B1 (B2 for HEC Liège - Management School) according to the Common European Framework of Reference.
Next to this proof of language, at their arrival, non French-speaking students who take courses in French have to take a compulsory test in French to attest their profciency. The results are sent to departmental coordinators.
Dates for the French tests:
• for the 1st term: from 8th to 15th September 2021
• for the 2nd term: from 31st January to 4th February 2022
For students who would like to follow a French course during the evening in Liège, the compulsory test will be used to evaluate their level in order to create the groups for the courses.
• S1 = 1st term evening classes: from 28th September 2021 to 14th January 2022
• S2 = 2nd term evening classes: from 14th February to 27th May 2022
Two hours of class, two evenings a week+ online training.
• S1 or S2 = 5 ECTS
• S1 + S2 = 10 ECTS if satisfactory result for the fnal evaluation of S1.
The C2 level is not on oﬀer, and the C1 level is only organized in the second term.
• Free for ULiège exchange students who have the French language course on their Learning Agreement.
• 100€/term for exchange students who do not have the French language course on their Learning Agreement, regular students, doctoral and postdoctoral students, and trainees.
FULLY ONLINE COURSES
Remote learning, in real and differed time, accessible to all, for all levels (no ECTS).
• 1st term: from 28th September 2021 to 14th January 2022
• 2nd term: from 14th February to 27th May 2022
Fee : 30€ per term
For further information about courses and registration, contact
A French course for non-native speakers is organized during the year in Namur (15 kms from Gembloux) and credited with 3 ECTS. At the frst meeting the respective level of each student is assessed so that groups can be organized.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Two weeks of French classes and introduction to the culture and belgian heritage are organized by the Namur Academic Centre (Pôle Académique) at the begining of the academic year. The registration fee is 150€ and must be paid before 30th June.
Recently, integration days are also proposed before the beginning of the 2nd term (February)
French foreign language evening classes are organised at:
“Ecole Industrielle et Commerciale”
Rue Godefroid Kurth, 2 - 6700 Arlon
T +32 63 23 33 90
Place du 20-Août, 7-9