Depending on your personal situation, you will need to scan a set of documents. It is a good idea to gather the documents required (see list below) before completing the online form. Only documents written in French, English, Dutch and German are accepted.

Online form

ID card

  • Identity card (for students from the European Union and assimilated students


  • Certificate of nationality or certificate of residence established in Belgium (for non-European Union students not assimilated)

Legal title for access

  • C.E.S.S.
  • Equivalence
  • Admissions examination for 1st cycle university studies
  • Bachelor
  • Masters
  • ...

Supporting documents if you have done an extracurricular year

  • Language stay: certificate of end of stay
  • Preparatory year ("7e spéciale"): certificate of end of year
  • Work: proof of employment dated after the period of activity (indicating the start and end date) or certificate of contribution to the insurance fund for self-employed persons (contracts are not valid)
  • Unemployment: certificate from the organisation having issued the unemployment benefits
  • ...

Additional supporting documents after having already been enrolled in another university or university college

  • Bulletins, transcripts, certificates of registration if no credit has been earned
  • Other training programmes: diplomas obtained
  • Certificate proving the absence of debt in another higher institution: in case of registration in another university or university college of the French Community of Belgium in 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018 and/or in 2018-2019

Medical certificate

Medical certificate will not longer be requested for the academic year 2019-2020


Additional documents and procedures for special cases

Engineering Sciences


Medicine, Dentistry and Resident

Veterinary Medicine and Resident

During the online registration process, you will be asked to read the document “Information for students who plan to start studies in veterinary medicine” carefully and to tick a box indicating that you are aware of its content.

Veterinary Medicine and NON-RESIDENT

Consult the specific page

Physical Therapy and Resident

Physical Therapy and NON-RESIDENT

Consult the specific page

Speech Therapy and Resident

  • Certificate of residence issued by the municipal administration from May 1st, 2019. If you are not a Belgian national, you may need to provide other supporting documents.

Speech Therapy and NON-RESIDENT

Consult the specific page

Documents and additional steps for students subject to an admission decision

Cover letter

Document proving linguistic knowledge of the language of instruction (if not your mother tongue)

Proof of passing a standardised test:

  • DALF, DELF, TEF or TCF if the language of instruction is French
  • TOEFL or IELTS if the language of instruction is English

Financing plan

  • Official evidence required that attests to sufficient resources to carry out the studies

Share this page